When you’re ready to enjoy a crazy easy, sinful indulgence try out these scrumptious Lobster Jalapeno Poppers! Yum doesn’t begin to cover it, they’re just so creamy and delicious!
The tender pieces of lobster meat, crunchy bacon, and soft cream cheese are then topped with a pinch of fresh lemon zest and fresh Parmesan cheese. So many great flavors packed into the ultimate appetizer!!
Even if you aren’t necessarily a fan of commercially available poppers (like me!) you may just find a new appreciation for poppers with this version. I totally expected to be on the fence with these tangy treats, but was pleasantly surprised by the taste and texture.
I mean, I know I love fresh lobster! But I only usually like jalapeno in small doses, which was not the case once I tried these lobster poppers.
So get your hands on some lobster and fire up the oven (or grill!) and try out your new favorite appetizer!
*PS…First things first, begin with doubling or tripling the recipe 😉
Lobster Jalapeno Poppers
- 4 jalapeno peppers (sliced in half lengthwise, remove the seeds if desired)
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened, room temperature)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (1/4 lemon fresh squeezed)
- 3 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 Tbsp chives
- 4 oz lobster meat (finely chopped)
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- parsley (chopped, optional garnish)
- lemon zest (optional garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) and coat your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray (or vegetable oil).
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, lemon juice, bacon, chives, and salt & pepper in a small to medium bowl. Add lobster meat and gently stir in to the filling mixture.
- Arrange sliced jalapeno halves in your baking dish. Divide filling mixture evenly between jalapeno halves, spooning the mixture into each pepper.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) for 10-15 minutes, or until the top of the filling is golden on the edges and the jalapenos have reached your desired level of tenderness. Garnish with chopped parsley and/or lemon zest (if desired). Serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!