These easy Almond Butter Cookies are soon to be your new favorite above the classic peanut butter cookie! The amazingly flavorful cookie is packed in an equally wonderful chewy texture! Perfect for everyday and holiday cookie baking, and loved by anyone with peanut allergies!
Almond Butter Cookies Recipe
I first made these for a classroom birthday party at my daughter's elementary school. One of Lauren's best friends had peanut allergies, so a cookie that could be enjoyed by all was needed!
To my surprise, this almond butter version of the classic peanut butter cookie was the star of the party! There were none left to bring home. The entire class of kids and all of the staff absolutely loved them!
Now, they are a regular rotation in our cookie baking days. My deliciously chewy almond butter cookies are also part of my holiday baking and sent out in packages every year!!
How To Make Almond Butter Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350ºF ( 175ºC ) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
To get started with a one bowl method of making these chewy almond butter cookies, combine one cup of creamy or chunky almond butter, one cup sugar, one large egg, three tablespoons of honey, and one teaspoon of almond extract in a medium bowl and mix them until smooth.
Add two tablespoons of almond flour and mix just enough to incorporate it into the wet ingredients. Spoon out the dough with a tablespoon and roll into roughly 1 ¼ to 1 /1/2 inch balls, then roll through the second ¼ cup portion of sugar in a small dish or plate ( optional ).
Arrange the sugar coated cookie dough balls onto your prepared baking sheet, leaving about two inches of spacing between the dough balls as well as the sides of the baking sheet.
Use a fork and press the tines down on the top of the cookies to make the crossed pattern. Make the crossed tine marks by pressing down in one direction, then rotating 90 degrees and pressing down in the next direction. *You can also use the bottom of a cup, a cookie stamp, or something that will leave an interesting pattern.
Press firmly enough that the cookie is flattened almost to the point of the shape you expect once fully baked.
Bake your almond butter cookies at 350ºF ( 175ºC ) for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown and no longer have a wet appearance.
These cookies will be soft when they are removed from the oven, so allow them to set on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Serve once fully cooled. Enjoy!
Easy Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Almond Butter (smooth or chunky, no-stir)
- 1 cup organic sugar (or cane sugar, plus ¼ c for rolling the dough in)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoon honey (raw is recommended)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoon almond flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond butter, organic sugar, egg, honey, and almond extract in a medium mixing bowl until smooth, then add almond flour and mix until fully incorporated into the dough (which will be a bit dry). Roll spoonfuls of the dough into balls and roll the dough balls in a small dish containing the second ¼ c portion of the organic sugar granules.
- Place the sugared dough balls onto the baking sheet leaving two inches spacing between the dough balls, as well as the sides of the baking sheet. Using the tines of a fork, press the dough balls down and make a crossed pattern on the top of the cookies.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer wet in appearance. Allow to set on the pan for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!