It’s so easy to fall in love with these Easy Almond Butter Cookies! This is another recipe that we made for our daughter’s BFF that has dietary allergies and the cookies are just wonderful!
We took them to our daughter Lauren’s class a few days ago for the end of the school year, along with three other varieties of cookies, and these are the only ones that were all eaten up.
To Make Your Almond Butter Cookies…
These very quick and easy cookies are made by combining the almond butter, sugar, egg, honey, and almond extract in a medium bowl and mixing them until smooth.
Then add the almond flour and mix enough to incorporate it into the wet ingredients.
Spoon out the dough with a tablespoon and roll into balls, then roll through the second portion of sugar in a small dish or plate.
Arrange the sugar coated dough balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet with about two inches of spacing between the dough balls, as well as the sides of the baking sheet.
Use a fork and press the tines down on the top of the cookies to make the crossed pattern.
Bake the almond butter cookies at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown and no longer have a wet appearance.
These cookies will be soft when they are removed from the oven, so allow them to set on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Enjoy these cookies as soon as they are cool enough to eat 🙂
Easy Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 c Almond Butter (smooth or chunky, no-stir)
- 1 c organic sugar (or cane sugar, plus 1/4 c for rolling the dough in)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond butter, organic sugar, egg, honey, and almond extract in a medium mixing bowl until smooth, then add almond flour and mix until fully incorporated into the dough (which will be a bit dry). Roll spoonfuls of the dough into balls and roll the dough balls in a small dish containing the second 1/4 c portion of the organic sugar granules.
- Place the sugared dough balls onto the baking sheet leaving two inches spacing between the dough balls, as well as the sides of the baking sheet. Using the tines of a fork, press the dough balls down and make a crossed pattern on the top of the cookies.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer wet in appearance. Allow to set on the pan for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!