It never matters what time of the year it is or what day of the week, these Buttermilk Vanilla Pancakes are perfect any day! These light and fluffy giant buttermilk vanilla pancakes are just like my Grandma Janet (Granny Janny) used to make when I stayed with her as a kid and I always loved them, you will too!
What You'll Need
- Flour - All purpose flour is perfect for these pancakes.
- Sugar - The perfect amount to sweeten it up.
- Baking Powder - For fluffy pancakes!
- Baking Soda - Another ingredient to get those pancakes fluffy!
- Salt - Just a pinch to balance and heighten the flavors.
- Buttermilk or buttermilk substitute - To add a hint of tanginess.
- Milk - Great balance for the wet ingredients.
- Eggs - The fresher the better.
- Butter - Unsalted is perfect.
- Vanilla Extract - To get the best flavor in these cakes.
How To Make These Pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients including the all-purpose flour, confectioners sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients including the buttermilk, milk, beaten eggs, melted butter, and the vanilla extract. Set both bowls aside.
- Heat your skillet or griddle to medium high heat and coat the cooking surface with oil using a basting brush to coat evenly.
- When the skillet or griddle is fully heated, pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl of dry ingredients.
- Use a spoon or fork to mix the batter just enough to incorporate all of the ingredients but do not over-mix the batter.
- Use a measuring cup (½ cup) to pour the batter in heaping ½ cup portions, or a ladle, and cook the pancakes until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes immediately, while nice and hot.
- Add your favorite fruit or syrup.
📖 Recipe Card
Buttermilk Vanilla Pancakes
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl including the all-purpose flour, confectioners sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, milk, beaten eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium high heat, oiling the cooking surface using a basting brush to coat evenly.
- Combine the two mixtures by pouring the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and stir just enough to incorporate all of the ingredients into a batter. Do not over-mix. Scoop or ladle the mixture onto the heated skillet or griddle in heaping ½ cup portions. Cook until both sides are browned and serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!