These easy 3 ingredient drop biscuits are the fluffiest, most tender biscuits you can prepare in just 5 minutes no matter your baking experience! My incredibly tasty drop biscuits use self-rising flour that's blended with butter and whole milk to create an amazing biscuit that’s sure to be a staple go-to recipe!
Super tasty biscuits that you’ll want to make time and time again!
Breakfast is served! My 3 ingredient drop biscuits are perfect under creamy sausage gravy, served with runny eggs and crispy bacon, or just on their own, slathered with butter! They’re simply made with a mix of self-rising flour that you can easily make yourself for any time you’re craving an amazing biscuit.
Just because they are drop biscuits doesn’t mean they’re any less delicious! The mix of cold butter and whole milk in the biscuit dough makes these biscuits a perfect combination of tender and slightly flaky. You’ll be amazed by how delicious they are with so little effort!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
An Easy Recipe! These drop biscuits are so easy to make, that they’re ready in under 20 minutes!
Full of Buttery Flavor! Every bite of these biscuits is loaded with buttery flavor!
Perfect for Making Ahead! Make these biscuits then cool, freeze, and store for any time you want a fluffy biscuit!
These 3 ingredient drop biscuits use self-rising flour (also known as self-raising flour), a mix of flour and leavening ingredients that take out the fuss of this recipe.
- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour – Make your own self-rising flour or pick up your favorite store-bought brand!
- ½ cup Butter – Freeze the butter, then grate so that the cold butter more evenly incorporates into the flour. This amount is equal to 1 stick of butter.
- 1 cup Whole Milk – You can also use half & half, or even 2% milk!
*Be sure to see the free printable recipe card below for ingredients, exact amounts & instructions with tips!*
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make these 3 ingredient drop biscuits. I recommend using a box grater to process the butter so you don’t need to work the butter in with your fingers!
- Prepare. Begin by preheating your oven to 450°F (232°C). Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper (before getting started, freeze your stick of butter to make grating it easier).
- Mix butter and flour. Next, measure 2 cups of self-rising flour out into a large mixing bowl, then grate 1 stick of frozen butter directly into the bowl of flour. Give the flour and butter a quick stir, then make a well in the center of the flour.
- Add milk and portion dough. After the butter and flour have been combined, pour 1 cup of whole milk into the center of the well and mix briefly, just enough to combine. Then, drop the dough onto your prepared baking sheet in large tablespoonful amounts.
- Bake drop biscuits. Once the drop biscuits are all portioned, bake 450°F (232°C) for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden on top and lightly browned at the base. Then, remove the biscuits from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, before serving or cooling completely to store.
Buttery 3 ingredient drop biscuits are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Serve them alongside eggs and bacon, a hearty soup, or slice open and spread on butter and honey for an amazing snack. Enjoy!
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Use salted butter for more flavor! Since these drop biscuits don’t include salt, check to see if your self-rising flour mix contains it and/or use salted butter so that these biscuits are perfectly flavored!
- Make your own self-rising flour! It’s so easy to make your own self-rising flour to keep on hand for recipes like these biscuits. Start by adding 1 cup of all-purpose flour to a bowl, then add 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder. Whisk thoroughly to combine, then it’s ready to use or transfer to a storage container for later!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Store your completely cooled drop biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 days, or in the fridge for about 1 week!
Freeze biscuits for a quick breakfast any day of the week! Wrap each cooled biscuit in plastic cling film, then transfer to an airtight container or freezer storage bag for 2 to 3 months.
Reheating 3 Ingredient Drop Biscuits
To reheat a frozen biscuit, transfer them from frozen to a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 to 15 minutes or until warmed through again.
You can cover the biscuits with a sheet of aluminum foil to prevent the biscuits from over-browning!
😋 Other Easy Baking Recipes
- Mandarin Orange Cake
- Bisquick Biscuits
- Cherry Blueberry Dump Cake
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread
- Cheese Rolls
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
3 Ingredient Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups self rising flour
- ½ cup butter (freeze, then grate)
- 1 cup whole milk (half & half or 2% milk also work)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. *Before you get started, freeze your stick of butter to make grating it easier.
- Measure your self-rising flour into a large mixing bowl then grate the butter directly into your bowl of flour. Give the flour and butter a quick stir, then make a well in the center of the flour.2 cups self rising flour, ½ cup butter
- Pour the milk into the center of the well and mix briefly, just enough to combine.1 cup whole milk
- Portion the dough onto your prepared baking sheet in large tablespoonful amounts.
- Bake at 450°F (232°C) for 13-15 minutes or until golden on the top and lightly browned on the base. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before serving or cooling completely to store.
Equipment You May Need
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
I added salt, pepper, oregano, and chicken seasoning. Also cooked them in a pan. Turned out so moist and fluffy. Love this!!
These are amazing!!! I use a bit more flour just for the structure of the biscuits but they’re SO good!! I’ve sent the recipe to so many family members already! Thanks so much!!