Here's a list of what to serve with tzatziki sauce that ranges from gyros to cheeseburgers and everything in between! It is such a versatile condiment that you can use it as a dipping sauce, a dressing, or substitute other ingredients! Once you check out these ideas, you'll be using tzatziki for everything!
Best Dishes For Tzatziki Sauce
If you've never tried tzatziki, it is a cool, light, and refreshing cucumber sauce that is amazingly delicious! You may have seen it paired with gyros, but it goes well with so much more than that!
I put together this list of 11 different recipes that taste fantastic with this sauce. Some of them may even surprise you, but trust me when I say that they are all delicious!
- Best Dishes For Tzatziki Sauce
- 1. Leftover Lamb Gyros
- 2. Greek Pasta Salad
- 3. Cucumber Vinegar Salad
- 4. Oven Roasted Bone-In Chicken Breast
- 5. Southern Coleslaw
- 6. Baked Cheeseburgers
- 7. Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 8. Mushroom Swiss Omelet
- 9. Microwave Baked Potato
- 10. Greek Salad
- 11. Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 💡 More Menu Idea Collections
- 📋 Recipe
1. Leftover Lamb Gyros
Gyros are one of the most common meals to be enjoyed with tzatziki sauce! You most likely won't come across a gyro recipe that doesn't mention tzatziki sauce.
These tasty gyros feature perfectly cooked leftover lamb wrapped up in some fresh pita bread. It's a match made in heaven.
2. Greek Pasta Salad
Instead of using Greek dressing, toss this tasty salad in tzatziki! It will complement the flavors of the olives, onions, tomatoes, and other veggies. Plus, it is a fantastically delicious twist!
3. Cucumber Vinegar Salad
Whether you want to lightly drizzle some tzatziki over top of this salad or use it to replace the vinegar, it will be tasty either way! Obviously, the cucumber sauce and the fresh cucumbers pair well together. You can't have too much!
4. Oven Roasted Bone-In Chicken Breast
There are so many different ways to use tzatziki sauce with this tasty chicken breast! You can drizzle the sauce on top, dip your chicken in it, or cut up the chicken and wrap it in some pita bread!
5. Southern Coleslaw
Toss out the creamy dressing for this recipe and replace it with some refreshing tzatziki! I promise everyone will love this unique twist!
6. Baked Cheeseburgers
You may not have considered pairing burgers with tzatziki. Let me tell you, it makes the best burger sauce! Go ahead and pile your burger high with some tasty toppings like feta cheese or spinach, and add on some tzatziki.
These burgers are baked in the oven, making them extra easy! Don't worry, you still get all of the flavors!
7. Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Tzatziki is a fantastic dipping sauce for all sorts of things, even French fries! The cool and light flavor pairs well with the salty fries. It is such a great combination that it is sure to become one of your new favorites!
8. Mushroom Swiss Omelet
Add a drizzle of tzatziki over your favorite omelet for some extra flavor! This mushroom swiss omelet is loaded with mushrooms and gooey cheese. Plus, it is incredibly healthy!
9. Microwave Baked Potato
Once you add some tzatziki to your baked potato, you'll never use sour cream again! It is so much more flavorful!
These baked potatoes are whipped up in the microwave and are much quicker than using the oven.
10. Greek Salad
You don't need any Greek dressing here. Instead, toss this fresh and crisp salad with some tzatziki for an extraordinarily cool and refreshing side!
11. Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Take out the mayonnaise in this potato salad and swap it out for some tzatziki! It will add a fresh and cool flavor for a great twist on this classic side dish.
Tzatziki is a delicious sauce that pairs well with so many dishes! Leave a comment down below and let me know your favorite way to enjoy some tzatziki!
💡 More Menu Idea Collections
- What To Serve With Ribeye Steak - Check out this collection of awesome side dishes for ribeye steak!
- What To Serve With Pork Ribs - 15 side dishes to serve alongside your favorite pork ribs!
- What To Serve With Spaghetti & Meatballs - Delicious side dishes to complement your Italian pasta dinner.
- What To Serve With Fried Chicken - Fried chicken deserves some tasty, Southern sides like these!
- What To Serve With Lobster - Here are 15 fantastic dishes to pair with your decadent lobster meal!
- What To Serve With Pork Chops - Pork chops are such a staple dinner, so here are 16 different dishes that will go fantastically with it!
What To Serve With Tzatziki: Leftover Lamb Gyros (+Other Great Ideas!)
- Tzatziki sauce
- Greek salad
- Place leftover lamb meat in a mixing bowl and add all seasonings and lemon juice. Mix until the meat is thoroughly coated in the seasoning blend.1 lb lamb, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, ¼ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon marjoram, ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the seasoned meat. Sear until heated through, 5 minutes maximum with about 2 ½ minutes per side.2 tablespoon olive oil
- As the meat is searing, warm the pita bread in the microwave for 10-20 seconds.4 slices pita bread
- Divide warmed leftover lamb evenly between slices of pita bread. Top with tzatziki sauce and Greek salad, if desired, and serve.Tzatziki sauce, Greek salad
- Make sure you are using your leftover lamb meat within 3-4 days, as you do not want to use expired food, especially when it comes to meat. In order to check that it is still fresh, the meat should not be slimy and should give off a neutral smell. Discard any undesirable lamb meat.
- Not a big fan of lamb? These gyros are also delicious when made with chicken, beef, or chickpeas if you want to make it vegetarian!
- If you have leftovers, you can store them for another 3-5 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container!
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!