For what to serve with shrimp, check out this list of simple and tasty side dish recipes that you can pair with this succulent protein! Whether you decide to bake, pan-sear, fry, or boil your shrimp, I have the most delicious side dishes to help turn it into a wonderful meal. From rice to pasta, and everything in between, there's something here for everyone to enjoy!
Recipes That Go With Shrimp
Shrimp is the most popular seafood protein in the United States. As a matter of fact, 1 billion pounds of shrimp are consumed by Americans per year. This is due to shrimp's versatility and affordability compared to other fish and seafood!
Shrimp can easily be found in many forms at the grocery store and it's available year-round. Not only is shrimp delicious on its own, but it can also uphold a variety of flavors. The next time you are craving some shrimp, make sure to try out these easy and delicious shrimp side dishes!
- Recipes That Go With Shrimp
- Sides To Serve With Shrimp
- 1. Garlic Parmesan Angel Hair Pasta
- 2. Cole Slaw
- 3. Polenta
- 4. Roasted Red Potato Wedges
- 5. Cajun Dipping Sauce
- 6. Risotto (Prawn Risotto)
- 7. Cilantro Lime Rice
- 8. Lemon Asparagus Orzo
- 9. Grilled Yellow Squash
- 10. Greek Salad
- 11. Teriyaki Noodles
- 12. Guacamole
- 13. Bloves Sauce
- 14. Shrimp & Grits
- 15. Elotes
- 16. Coconut Rice
- 17. Baked Cabbage Steaks
- 18. Roasted Peppers & Onions
- 19. Succotash
- 20. Oven Garlic Bread
- 21. Caesar Salad
- 22. Fresh Fruit Salad
- 23. Macaroni and Tomatoes
- 24. Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 25. Cream Cheese Pasta
- 🍤 More Tasty Shrimp Recipes
- 📋 Recipe
Sides To Serve With Shrimp
Shrimp tastes delicious with practically any side that you serve it with! Pick out one (or two) of the recipes from this list to complete your family dinner.
1. Garlic Parmesan Angel Hair Pasta
Garlic Parmesan angel hair pasta is the perfect side dish for any garlic lover! It's rich and buttery, and makes a wonderful base for air fryer shrimp and so many more shrimp entrees!
2. Cole Slaw
Southern cole slaw is a classic side dish filled with crunchy veggies mixed in a sweet and creamy dressing! Pair it with crunchy coconut shrimp for a filling and easy meal!
Polenta is a delicious and healthier alternative to familiar starches like rice, pasta, and mashed potatoes. All you need is cornmeal and a few basic ingredients that you'll already have at home!
4. Roasted Red Potato Wedges
Roasted red potato wedges are a versatile side that is tasty on its own or as an addition to garlic butter shrimp. Both are delicious to dip in my homemade Cajun dipping sauce!
5. Cajun Dipping Sauce
This Cajun dipping sauce is incredibly easy to make and perfect for dunking fried shrimp! In this recipe, I use mayonnaise and sour cream to balance out the spiciness of Cajun seasoning and hot sauce.
6. Risotto (Prawn Risotto)
Prawn Risotto, (or shrimp risotto) is a Restaurant quality dish that is creamy and delicious! Not only is it easy to make, but it is also the perfect one-bowl meal.
7. Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro lime rice is a wonderful side dish to choose from when you are cooking with Mexican or Thai-inspired flavors. In just 18 minutes, you'll have zesty and delicious rice that everyone will love!
8. Lemon Asparagus Orzo
Lemon asparagus orzo is a delightful and light side dish to pair with seafood! It combines tender orzo pasta with pieces of asparagus in a tangy lemon garlic sauce.
9. Grilled Yellow Squash
Grilled yellow squash is an easy vegetable side dish that will pair perfectly well with some juicy grilled shrimp. I season mine with garlic salt and pepper, but feel free to use your favorite seasonings!
10. Greek Salad
In just 20 minutes you can make this refreshing Greek salad any time of the year! An assortment of Mediterranean vegetables is mixed with salty feta cheese and a delicious homemade Greek dressing.
11. Teriyaki Noodles
Teriyaki noodles with homemade teriyaki sauce make an excellent base for Asian-flavored shrimp. They're easy to make and only require a handful of simple ingredients!
The combination of guacamole and shrimp makes a refreshingly light appetizer. Cut up cucumber slices or use your favorite tortilla chips for irresistible crunchy guacamole shrimp bites!
13. Bloves Sauce
This delicious seafood sauce recipe originates from a Youtuber, Bloveslife. It's loaded with spices, herbs, seasonings, and light brown sugar, perfect for dipping some air fryer coconut shrimp!
14. Shrimp & Grits
Grits are a Southern classic that always pairs deliciously with cajun shrimp. The best thing about this recipe is that it can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Elotes is a classic Mexican street corn side dish that features mayonnaise, sour cream, queso fresco, chipotle chili powder, and paprika! It's the perfect veggie to serve with shrimp tacos or shrimp fajitas!
16. Coconut Rice
Coconut rice is an easy, creamy, and delightfully flavorful rice. The subtle flavor compliments any main course protein, especially pan-seared shrimp!
17. Baked Cabbage Steaks
This baked cabbage steak recipe is incredibly easy and the perfect healthy side option! With just 4 ingredients and a prep time of only 10 minutes, these cabbage steaks are great for any weeknight meal.
18. Roasted Peppers & Onions
Roasted peppers & onions are a wonderful topping to shrimp when you are craving Mexican-inspired dinners. You could easily add the peppers and onions on a baking sheet to make this tasty sheet pan shrimp fajitas in just 20 minutes!
Tender butter beans, corn, onions, red bell peppers, and garlic are topped with crispy bacon for a filling and delicious vegetable side! Go ahead and serve it alongside your shrimp or simply mix your shrimp in!
20. Oven Garlic Bread
Oven garlic bread can be enjoyed as an appetizer while you are cooking up a pasta dish, or it can be served alongside to soak up the sauce! Try it out with shrimp scampi, lemon garlic shrimp pasta, or garlic shrimp alfredo bake.
21. Caesar Salad
A creamy and delicious Caesar salad will pair wonderfully with grilled or pan-seared shrimp! This recipe features an incredibly easy homemade Caesar dressing made with mayo, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt & pepper.
22. Fresh Fruit Salad
A bright and refreshing fruit salad makes an excellent healthy side to pair with any kind of shrimp. You could easily switch up the fruit to add your favorites!
23. Macaroni and Tomatoes
Macaroni and tomatoes are a Southern staple that is budget-friendly and only requires a few simple ingredients. Serve it alongside your shrimp, or just add the shrimp in!
24. Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
If you have some cherry or grape tomatoes handy, you have to make this incredibly easy vegetable side! All you will need is some fresh thyme, extra virgin olive oil, and some salt & pepper to elevate the tomatoes!
25. Cream Cheese Pasta
If you are a fan of creamy and cheesy pasta, go ahead and serve this dish with grilled or pan-seared shrimp! It's easy to make and the kids will love it!
I hope that this complete list of what to serve with shrimp ideas has helped you choose what to serve with shrimp for lunch or dinner! Let me know in the comments below what your favorite side dish is to eat with shrimp!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
🍤 More Tasty Shrimp Recipes
- Crab Stuffed Shrimp - This recipe features the perfect double dose of seafood with a crunchy breadcrumb topping!
- Cajun Shrimp - Zesty and buttery Cajun shrimp pairs well with rice, pasta, veggies, or by themselves!
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp - From the air fryer to the table in only 10 minutes, this shrimp recipe is as easy as it gets!
- Shrimp Rangoons - Everyone will love these rangoons with their crispy wonton wrappers and tender cream cheese and tiny shrimp filling!
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp - Tender shrimp are cooked in coconut oil, then stirred in a creamy coconut sauce!
- Hunan Shrimp - This Hunan shrimp is made with stir-fried vegetables and rice for a quick and delicious family meal!
What To Serve With Shrimp: Garlic Parmesan Angel Hair Pasta (+More Great Side Dishes To Make!)
- Bring a large, deep skillet or small stock pot to medium-high heat with the butter. Once the butter is melted add the garlic and saute until fragrant, stirring occasionally for about 1 minute.2 tablespoon butter, 2 teaspoon garlic
- Stir in the chicken broth, milk, angel hair pasta, salt, and pepper until the pasta is softened and completely covered with liquid. Bring to a boil then reduce your heat to low and simmer.1 ½ cups chicken broth, 1 cup milk, 8 oz angel hair pasta, ¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper
- Simmer on low, stirring occasionally, for approximately 4-6 minutes or until your pasta is cooked fully. Remove from heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until fully melted.⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh, chopped parsley if desired.1 tablespoon parsley
- If you LOVE garlic, you can use up to 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in this pasta dish.
- To thin your sauce (if needed) simply drizzle some milk or broth into the pot of pasta until you reach your desired consistency.
- Cooked pasta stores for up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator, but this tender pasta does not reheat well after a day or two in the fridge.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!