These salad recipes include a wide variety of flavors from sweet fruit salad to cucumber vinegar salad and more! They are easy to make and packed full of flavorful ingredients. Plus, most of these salad recipes can be made in advance (and they make tasty leftovers, too)!
Best Salad Recipes
You never know when a good salad recipe will come in handy. Any time you need a last-minute side dish, a quick lunch, or some grazing food for parties, salads are the way to go.
With endless combinations of ingredients and flavors, you can always find the perfect salad for any occasion. Just take a look and see for yourself!
- Best Salad Recipes
- ❓ Why Is It Called A Salad When It Doesn't Have Lettuce
- 1. Potato Salad
- 2. Egg Salad
- 3. German Potato Salad
- 4. Mandarin Orange Jello Salad
- 5. Fruit Cocktail Salad
- 6. Ham Salad
- 7. Caesar Salad
- 8. Fresh Fruit Salad
- 9. Greek Pasta Salad
- 10. Wedge Salad
- 11. Caprese Salad
- 12. Asian Cucumber Salad
- 13. Greek Salad
- 14. Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- 15. Tuna Salad with Pasta
- 16. Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 17. Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- 18. Cucumber Vinegar Salad
- 19. Doritos Taco Salad
- 20. Broccolini Salad
- 21. Turkey Chef Salad
- 🥗 Salad Dressing Recipes
- 📋 Recipe
❓ Why Is It Called A Salad When It Doesn't Have Lettuce
Many people think of lettuce when they hear the word salad, but the truth is the term 'salad' refers to a wide variety of dishes. In fact, there doesn't have to be lettuce in it at all!
Salads can be made with fresh raw or cooked vegetables, fruits, and/or proteins. The defining factor that makes any recipe a salad is actually the dressing!
1. Potato Salad
Potato salad is a staple at summer cookouts and backyard BBQs, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider it for other occasions! It's super easy to adjust the seasonings to your own preferences and honestly, who doesn't love potato salad?
This version includes mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle relish for a great balance of flavors.
2. Egg Salad
I'm a firm believer that everyone should have a go-to egg salad recipe. It makes a tasty side and delicious sandwiches, and it's easily customizable!
I make my egg salad with mayonnaise, mustard, and a secret ingredient, crispy bacon!
3. German Potato Salad
German potato salad is always a welcome addition on any occasion. The potatoes are accompanied by pearl onions, bacon, and a flavorful vinegar dressing.
4. Mandarin Orange Jello Salad
Sweet and refreshing mandarin orange jello salad is one of my favorite summer recipes. It's incredibly quick and easy to throw together and always a hit with the kids!
This fruity dessert or side dish is made by combining mandarin oranges, pineapple, Jello, cool whip, and lots of mini marshmallows. It almost tastes like a Dreamsicle!
5. Fruit Cocktail Salad
Sweet and creamy fruit cocktail salad is perfect for any party, cookout, or just because! A combination of bananas, mandarin oranges, pineapple, strawberries, and grapes gives tossed in a sauce made with pineapple juice and vanilla pudding mix.
6. Ham Salad
Ham salad makes an excellent chip dip or spread for crackers and sandwiches! It is also a great recipe for using up extra ham after the holidays.
Put it between two slices of bread with a side of chips and you have a quick and easy lunch.
7. Caesar Salad
You can never go wrong with a classic Ceasar salad and homemade dressing. You can serve it as a light appetizer, or add some protein like garlic butter shrimp or grilled chicken and enjoy it as the main course!
8. Fresh Fruit Salad
Fresh fruit salad is a light and refreshing dish that works well as an appetizer, side dish, or quick refreshing snack. It is made with nectarines, kiwi, grapes, strawberries, mango, bananas, and oranges, all tossed in an easy honey citrus sauce!
9. Greek Pasta Salad
Greek pasta is a quick and easy side dish you can whip up any time! It's made with farfalle pasta, Kalamata olives, salty feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, artichokes, and Greek salad dressing.
It's a great last-minute addition to any party spread because it only takes 15 minutes to throw together!
10. Wedge Salad
Loaded with bacon, tomatoes, and blue cheese dressing, this wedge salad is more impressive than any old-fashioned house salad. It's a super simple recipe that always garners a lot of compliments.
11. Caprese Salad
Thick slices of tomato and mozzarella with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic and olive oil. It is simple, delicious, and easy to make at a moment's notice.
Caprese salads are the perfect light appetizer to serve before a carb-heavy meal like pasta!
12. Asian Cucumber Salad
A chilled salad made with sliced cucumber, garlic, onion, ginger, and a tangy sesame vinaigrette. It's cool and refreshing, which is perfect for summertime gatherings.
Not to mention, it's a great addition to any Asian-inspired meal! The cold cucumbers are particularly nice if you're indulging in something spicy.
13. Greek Salad
A tangy and perfectly seasoned mix of Mediterranean vegetables! Cucumbers, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, onion, and feta cheese tossed in a made-from-scratch Greek dressing.
14. Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Hawaiian macaroni salad is the perfect combination of savory, sweet, and tangy. Thinly sliced carrots and celery add the perfect amount of crunch!
Try it with my huli huli chicken for a whole Hawaiian-inspired meal!
15. Tuna Salad with Pasta
I love having a big bowl of tuna salad with pasta for lunch, but it's also a great side dish for potlucks, BBQs, or any other kind of party! All you need is some canned tuna, bowtie noodles, celery, peas, mayonnaise, red onion, Greek yogurt, and seasoning.
16. Loaded Baked Potato Salad
All of the classic loaded baked potato toppings in one creamy salad. This version is filled with shredded cheese, crispy bacon, and sour cream to make a potato salad everyone will enjoy!
17. Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Using rotisserie chicken makes the prep for this chicken salad so much easier and more flavorful, too! It's a great lunch or light dinner, you can even spread it on crackers or use it to make sandwiches.
18. Cucumber Vinegar Salad
This simple, low-carb salad is perfect for when you're craving something light. It's cool, slightly tangy, and just a little bit sweet, plus fresh dill adds plenty of flavor.
19. Doritos Taco Salad
This easy Doritos salad makes a great quick lunch or dinner. You might even get the kids to try a salad when it's loaded with nacho cheese Doritos!
Taco-seasoned ground beef makes this a great main course, or you can serve it as a side dish on taco night!
20. Broccolini Salad
Broccolini, mushrooms, and thinly sliced carrots tossed in a savory, sweet, and slightly spicy. It only takes 10 minutes to make and it is jam-packed with flavor.
21. Turkey Chef Salad
If you're looking for a salad that will fill you up and has a little bit of everything, a chef's salad is the way to go. Turkey is a great option for using up holiday leftovers, but it can easily be swapped for chicken or ham!
This salad is loaded with tomatoes, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, croutons, and bacon! All you need is your favorite salad dressing.
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
Did I miss any of your favorite salad recipes on this list? Let me know in the comments below so I can give them a try!
🥗 Salad Dressing Recipes
- Russian Salad Dressing - A creamy salad dressing that pairs well with just about anything!
- Catalina Dressing - You only need a few ingredients to make this sweet and tangy dressing!
- Homemade Ranch Dressing - Once you try homemade ranch dressing, you'll never go back to storebought again!
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing - Creamy blue cheese dressing for salads, veggies, or chicken wings!
- Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing - A creamy salad dressing just like everyone's favorite Japanese steakhouse.
- Caesar Salad Dressing - This homemade Caesar salad dressing is made with no anchovies, but it has all the flavor your looking for.
Salad Recipes: Tuna Pasta Salad (+More Great Recipes!)
- 8 oz bowtie pasta (uncooked, or your favorite pasta)
- 12 oz tuna (canned, light or albacore tuna packed in water, drained)
- 1 cup celery (chopped, 2-3 ribs)
- 1 cup peas (frozen, thawed)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (plain)
- ¼ cup red onion (chopped, about ½ a large red onion)
- ¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper
- dill weed (fresh or dried, to taste)
- Boil the bowtie (farfalle pasta) noodles according to the instructions on the box until al dente (firm to the bite). When done, drain the cooked noodles and rinse them under cold water until they're cool to the touch.8 oz bowtie pasta
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled pasta with all ingredients (tuna, celery, onion, peas, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, dill weed, salt, and pepper).12 oz tuna, 1 cup celery, 1 cup peas, ½ cup mayonnaise, ½ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup red onion, ¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper, dill weed
- Mix until combined and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to 'marry' before serving.
- If making in advance, keep the sauce and pasta separate! The pasta will easily soak up the sauce and become mushy, so I recommend not combining until the day you’re serving it.
- Use canned tuna either packed in water or oil! If your grocery store carries it, I recommend getting Italian tuna packed in oil. It has extra flavor and less of that fishy aroma. Be sure to still drain it before using!
- Whole fat Greek yogurt makes for a creamier sauce! I recommend using 5% fat Greek yogurt for the creamiest texture and best flavor. You can also use 2% or fat-free Greek yogurt if preferred!
- Keep leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days, but your tuna pasta salad is best eaten within the first 1-2 days.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!