Just in time to plan out your holiday breakfast, we share these Buttermilk Pancakes with Almond Chantilly Whipped Cream!
Our favorite pancakes topped with our favorite almond Chantilly whipped cream and colorful strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries to round out the festive theme!
I know that growing up we always had vanilla extract on hand, and as I got older I added lemon extract as a pantry essential…but you really need to have almond extract on hand for elevating the flavor of something as fantastic as this. I can’t say it enough, this is that good!
So good, that our daughter made a drawing of almond Chantilly whipped cream after having these (too cute!).
To Make the Buttermilk Pancakes…
Begin with combining your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (all-purpose flour, confectioners sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) and give them a quick stir to mix the ingredients throughout the all-purpose flour.
In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (buttermilk, milk, beaten eggs, melted butter, and almond extract). Leave them separate until ready to combine just before cooking the buttermilk pancakes.
Heat your large skillet or griddle to medium high heat and coat the cooking surface with vegetable oil using a basting brush.
While the skillet or griddle is heating, combine the dry and wet ingredients by pouring the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture. Stir to combine, just enough so that you have a lumpy batter and all of the dry ingredients are incorporated.
Do not over-mix the batter. Portion the batter onto the skillet or griddle using a 1/2 cup measuring cup (generous 1/2 c portions) or a ladle, which works perfectly for the large pancakes.
Cook each pancake until both sides are golden brown, then remove from heat and stack to serve immediately.
Top with the almond Chantilly whipped cream and berries.
To Make the Almond Chantilly Whipped Cream…
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the heavy cream on low speed until bubbles form. Increase the speed to medium until soft peaks are formed, then add the almond extract and slowly add the confectioners sugar while continuing to beat the cream at a medium speed until all of the confectioners sugar has been added and stiff peaks are formed.
Place the almond Chantilly whipped cream onto a stack of the buttermilk pancakes in heaping spoonfuls and top with the fresh sliced strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Buttermilk Pancakes Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Buttermilk or buttermilk substitute
- Almond Extract
Buttermilk Pancakes with almond Chantilly whipped cream
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 c buttermilk
- 1/3 c milk
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 c butter (melted)
- 1 tsp almond extract
Almond Chantilly Whipped Cream & Berries
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 c strawberries (fresh, sliced in half)
- 1/2 c blueberries (fresh)
- 1/2 c raspberries (fresh)
- Combine the all-purpose flour, confectioners sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, milk, beaten eggs, melted butter, and almond extract.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium high heat, then use vegetable oil and a basting brush to evenly coat the cooking surface.
- Combine your batter by pouring the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring just enough to incorporate all of the ingredients into a batter. Do not over-mix. Scoop or ladle the mixture onto the heated skillet or griddle in heaping 1/2 cup scoop portions. Cook each pancake until both sides are browned and serve immediately.
Almond Chantilly Whipped Cream
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream on low speed until bubbles form, then increase to a medium speed until soft peaks are formed. Add the almond extract and slowly start adding the confectioners sugar, beating at medium speed until all the confectioners sugar has been incorporated and stiff peaks are formed.
- Spoon the almond Chantilly whipped cream in heaping spoonfuls onto the buttermilk pancakes and add the strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on top. Serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!