These make ahead Christmas breakfast ideas are the perfect way to save precious time on Christmas morning! Each of these recipes can be prepared in advance so you can enjoy the holiday with your family. Some dishes may need to be popped in the oven and some are ready to eat as-is!
Christmas Breakfasts You Can Make In Advance
Ah, Christmas morning. The tree is decorated, the presents are wrapped, and the kids are waking you up earlier than you'd hoped. There's no time to waste before opening presents, and definitely no time to stand in the kitchen cooking breakfast!
Not to worry. You can still pull off a delicious breakfast on Christmas morning. The secret is to prepare it the day before!
- Christmas Breakfasts You Can Make In Advance
- Make Ahead Recipes For Christmas Morning
- 1. Panettone Cherry French Toast Casserole
- 2. Apple Cider Baked Donuts
- 3. Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- 4. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- 5. Sausage Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 6. Baked Denver Omelet
- 7. Apple Banana Muffins
- 8. Pumpkin Streusel Bread
- 9. Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- 10. Overnight French Toast Bake
- 11. Blueberry Cream Cheese Scones
- 12. Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
- 13. Maraschino Cherry Coffee Cake
- 14. Classic Cinnamon Rolls
- 15. Overnight Oats with Yogurt
- 🍳 More Breakfast Recipes
- 📖 Recipe Card
- Make Ahead Christmas Breakfast Ideas: Baked Denver Omelet (+More Great Recipes!)
- 💬 Reviews
Make Ahead Recipes For Christmas Morning
These recipes are all about saving yourself time and effort on Christmas morning. There are sweet and savory options, you could even try a few different recipes if you like variety!
1. Panettone Cherry French Toast Casserole
The main components of this cherry chocolate chip French toast casserole can be made the night before. Then all you have to do Christmas morning is pop it in the oven!
2. Apple Cider Baked Donuts
These apple cider baked donuts can be kept be baked a day or 2 in advance and kept at room temperature until you're ready to eat! They are loaded with warm spiced apple flavor and rolled in a cinnamon sugar coating.
3. Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
Moist pumpkin zucchini muffins are a great make-ahead option for a nutritious breakfast on Christmas morning. They are easy to eat on the go or while you are opening presents!
4. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Cheesy hashbrown casserole is a comforting breakfast side dish that you can throw together in a flash! Bake it the day before and let it cool, then refrigerate it and reheat it Christmas morning at 350°F (175°C) for 15-20 minutes.
5. Sausage Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Meat, cheese, and eggs- all the elements of a good breakfast in one dish! Bake, cool, cover, and refrigerate your casserole the day before and reheat it in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 20 minutes when you need it.
6. Baked Denver Omelet
Instead of making everyone individual omelets, try this fluffy baked Denver omelet casserole! You can assemble it the night before and bake it Christmas morning.
7. Apple Banana Muffins
Muffins are a great make-ahead breakfast because there's no need to reheat them (unless you just prefer a warm muffin). These muffins are full of fruity flavor and warm spices as well as a crispy streusel topping!
8. Pumpkin Streusel Bread
Start your day off right with a slice of this pumpkin bread with warm fall spices and a crumbly streusel topping. Bake it 1-2 days in advance, wrap it up, and keep it on the counter until Christmas!
9. Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Savory sausage, fluffy eggs, melted cheese, and tasty breakfast hash browns make up this hearty breakfast casserole. You can assemble the casserole the day before and bake it in the morning or bake it the day before and reheat it in the morning, it's delicious either way!
10. Overnight French Toast Bake
Make 8 slices of French Toast at once by baking them in the oven! The bread needs to soak in the seasoned egg mixture overnight, then you just pop it in the oven in the morning!
11. Blueberry Cream Cheese Scones
These blueberry scones are the perfect balance of rich, buttery, tart, and tangy flavors. Make them on Christmas eve, let them cool off, and keep them in an airtight container to enjoy on Christmas morning.
12. Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
This chocolate chip banana nut bread tastes just as good on day 2 or 3! Just wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge. You can eat it cold or quickly heat it up in the microwave.
13. Maraschino Cherry Coffee Cake
Juicy maraschino cherries make this coffee cake extra special. What's even better is that you can bake it the day before and enjoy it with coffee while the presents are being opened!
14. Classic Cinnamon Rolls
I have fond memories of soft cinnamon rolls with vanilla icing on Christmas morning. I plan on keeping the tradition going year after year by making them on Christmas eve and simply reheating them on Christmas morning!
15. Overnight Oats with Yogurt
Overnight oats are a super simple and nutritious breakfast that takes no cooking at all! You just combine the ingredients and let the oats soak overnight in the fridge. Top it off with some fresh berries, honey, or nut butter, and dig in!
🍳 More Breakfast Recipes
- Microwave Scrambled Eggs - Make delightfully fluffy scrambled eggs in a flash!
- Southern Shrimp and Grits - The ultimate Southern comfort food you can enjoy at breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- Polenta - Soft and savory polenta makes a wonderful base for eggs, sausage, bacon, and more!
- Duck Fat Fried Potatoes - These potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside with a rich, buttery flavor from duck fat!
- Air Fryer Frozen Sausage Links - These breakfast sausage links are so delicious, no one will know they were frozen.
- Baked Eggs - Baked eggs are simple to make and you can cook them just how you like them (runny yolk or not)!
Have you tried any of these make ahead Christmas breakfast recipes? Let me know what you think in the comment section below!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Make Ahead Christmas Breakfast Ideas: Baked Denver Omelet (+More Great Recipes!)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C) and generously grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Bring a large skillet or frying pan to medium heat and melt the butter. Add the diced onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper and saute until softened or about 5 minutes. Add the diced ham and continue to saute with the vegetables for an additional 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from heat.2 tablespoon butter, ¼ cup onion, ½ large green bell pepper, ½ large red bell pepper, 1 cup ham
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk until well combined. Season with salt and add the cheddar cheese, then stir in the sauteed ham, onion, and peppers. Transfer the omelet mixture to your prepared baking dish.8 large eggs, ¼ cup milk, ½ cup cheddar cheese, ½ teaspoon salt
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 25-30 minutes, or until the omelet is puffy, golden brown, and no longer jiggles in the middle. Remove from the oven, cut, and serve immediately.
- Adding pepper to your egg mixture will turn the eggs an unpleasant grey color. Hold off on adding freshly ground black pepper until serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!