Delicious, easy-to-make leftover ham recipes are a perfect way to use up any baked ham to make wonderfully satisfying meals! Start with a great oven-baked ham for your holiday meal and then be sure to save every bit of that delicious ham meat for some great after-holiday meals!
Ham has so many great flavor combinations that it's hard to think of a favorite!
Delicious sweet and savory ham dinners are a personal favorite, whether it's a Christmas glazed honey ham or a weeknight meal! Since I'm the biggest ham fan in the family, there tends to be plenty of leftovers!
To get everyone to help me eat up all of the ham, I've gotten pretty creative with some amazing ham recipes! No one will complain when they've got these amazingly tasty meals to enjoy!
Best Recipes for Leftover Ham
All of these easy-to-make recipes are a great way to use up ham leftovers and feed a family! Make a hearty breakfast, cheesy ham lunch, or serve up a crowd-pleasing dinner with all of these tasty meals!
1. Ham and Pea Pasta
Tender pieces of leftover ham with the classic complimenting peas served over pasta in a rich and delicious sauce! This filling family meal is a household favorite even with my less-than-crazy-about-ham eaters!
Tasty, easy skillet dinners like this are perfect for weeknight meals and feeding a hungry crowd!
2. Ham Casserole with Broccoli and Cheese
Another great use of leftover ham that's ridiculously tasty! The crunchy topping is the perfect addition to this deliciously creamy pasta casserole!
This hearty meal combines my favorites - ham, broccoli, cheddar, and pasta - for an easy dinner that everyone loves!
3. Cheesy Ham Pasta
This light pasta dinner is a quick meal that tastes amazing with its light sauce and tender pieces of cubed ham! The bowtie pasta is perfect for coating with sauce to make sure each bite is packed with flavor!
Make this dish super-quick with thawed peas and carrots! Or mix-and-match to use up whatever veggies you have in the fridge!
4. Cauliflower Ham Soup
A hearty soup that everyone will love! This incredibly smooth, rich, and tasty soup pairs fried chunks of leftover ham with a creamy cauliflower soup!
Top the soup off with a handful of cheese, chives, or even a touch of sour cream to make the meal even more filling!
5. Ham Chowder
Ham chowder is another amazing soup to add to your recipe tin for using ham! It's a great combination of potatoes, cheese, and ham that the whole family will love!
Use an immersion blender to make your chowder nice and creamy if desired, or enjoy this soup chunky and rustic!
6. Grilled Ham & Cheese
My favorite everyday sandwich - meaning I could eat this every day! Grilled ham and cheese is my bag, baby!!
Assemble this staple lunch sandwich and cook it up to crispy perfection in your air fryer! Make sure to toast both sides of the bread for the ultimate grilled ham & cheese!
7. Ham & Egg Breakfast Cups
Use sliced leftover ham or deli ham slices to make these tasty breakfast cups! They're incredibly easy to make and your kids will LOVE them!
8. Omelet Roll
Want to impress your family?? Make this exceptionally tasty ham and cheese omelet roll this weekend! It's easier than you may think and looks as amazing as it tastes!
9. Sopa de Chícharos
This incredibly tasty Cuban split pea soup takes the everyday classic recipe to wonderfully flavorful new heights! I have always LOVED split pea soup, but this Cuban soup takes the spot as best ever favorite!
10. Ham Loaf
11. Ham Salad
12. Baked Denver Omelet
We hope that you enjoy a fabulous, rich, and tasty breakfast, lunch, or dinner with all of these ideas for the best recipes for leftover ham! Be sure to check back in to let us know what you liked best and see our latest additions! Enjoy!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Leftover Ham Recipes: Au Gratin Potatoes with Diced Ham (+More!)
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ½ c onion approx ½ small onion (minced)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1 ½ c cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 large russet potatoes (washed and sliced thin, ⅛ inch thickness at most for best results)
- ½ lb cooked ham (diced)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Butter a 1 to 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the minced onion and cook until translucent and soft. Add seasoning: (turmeric, garlic powder, salt & pepper) and stir.
- Add the heavy cream - or use the same quantity (2 cups) of milk with 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour whisked in to the milk while it is still cold.
- Whisk frequently until the heavy cream is heated through, usually about 3-4 minutes. Then add shredded cheese and stir until melted. Once the cheese is melted, remove your saucepan from the heat and set aside.
- In a small frying pan or skillet, sear the diced ham until browning on the sides. Remove from heat and set aside for assembling your au gratin potatoes.
- Layer your sliced russet potatoes in even layers covering the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with the seared diced ham, then pour your cheddar cheese sauce over the layered potatoes and diced ham.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 1 ½ hours. Your au gratin potatoes are done once they are tender when forked. Allow your au gratin potatoes to cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
- If you use a different size baking dish, if the potatoes are thick-sliced, or if the potatoes are stacked thicker or thinner than they would be in the suggested size dish, your au gratin potatoes with diced ham will have a different cooking time.
- The aluminum foil can be removed during the last 15-30 minutes of cooking time to brown your au gratin potatoes if desired.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!