Learn how to reheat quesadillas so that they are crispy and taste just as delicious as when they were first made! In this article, I'm going to show you a variety of different methods for reheating your leftover quesadillas. No matter which method you choose, go ahead and get ready for some tasty leftovers!
Guide To Reheating Quesadillas
There are a variety of different methods you could use for reheating quesadillas. However, some are certainly better than others! Each method has its pros and cons, so make sure you choose the one that works the best for you!
I highly recommend using the oven, stovetop, or air fryer for a perfectly crisp tortilla! Of course, the microwave will work if you are crunched for time.
Want More Recipes? Enter your email below and we'll send them straight to your inbox!
How To Reheat Quesadillas In The Microwave
The microwave is definitely the fastest way to reheat your quesadilla and it is certainly convenient. However, it won't yield a newly crisped tortilla. Of course, this is the perfect option for people who are enjoying their leftover quesadilla for lunch while at the office!
- Place. Place your quesadilla(s) onto a microwave-safe plate.
- Heat. Heat in 30-second or 1-minute increments.
- Serve. Check the quesadilla before eating, as it may be hot.
How To Reheat Quesadillas On The Stovetop
The stovetop is a relatively quick and simple method that yields a crispy tortilla! It's perfect for a simple at-home lunch!
- Heat. Place a dry pan over medium heat (or add a very thin layer of oil if desired).
- Add. Wait for the skillet to heat up and then add the quesadilla.
- Cook. Cook for about 1 minute, flip, and cook the second side for 1 minute. *Keep an eye on your tortillas to ensure they don't burn.
The oil is completely optional. I find that it is easy for the tortillas to soak it up, causing them to become soggy. So go ahead and use a very light coating only if you are worried about them sticking to the pan.
How To Reheat Quesadillas In The Oven
An oven is an ideal option for when you need to reheat a large number of quesadillas! It will also work for a smaller portion, but it isn't the quickest method.
- Preheat. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Place. Either place your quesadilla directly onto the oven rack or onto a wire rack that has been placed into the oven. *This allows both sides of the quesadilla to become crispy.
- Cook. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated to your liking.
The key to heating your quesadilla in the oven is to use a wire rack rather than a baking sheet. If you want your tortilla to be softer rather than crisp, cover it with aluminum foil in the oven.
How To Reheat Quesadillas In An Air Fryer
Obviously, an air fryer would only work if you are reheating just one quesadilla, as they don't have a ton of room. However, this method is quick and super tasty!
- Preheat. Preheat your air fryer to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Place. Lay your quesadilla into the air fryer basket in a flat, even layer.
- Heat. Heat for 3-5 minutes or until hot.
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
All of these methods yield extremely tasty results! Which one is your favorite? Leave a comment down below and let me know!
😋 Tasty Quesadilla Recipes
- Steak Quesadillas - These quesadillas are loaded up with seasoned steak and melted cheese!
- Breakfast Quesadillas - A quesadilla with eggs, cheese, bacon, and hash browns!
- Air Fryer Quesadillas - Whip up some yummy quesadillas in your air fryer!
- Prime Rib Quesadillas - If you have any leftover prime rib on hand, use it to make these quesadillas!
- Corn Tortilla Quesadillas - Classic quesadillas that use corn tortillas rather than flour!
- Fajita Quesadillas - Flavorful fajita meat, peppers, and onions are layered between two crispy tortillas!
How To Reheat Quesadillas: Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 lb chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon chicken taco seasoning
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the olive oil.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Once hot, add the diced chicken and chicken taco seasoning, tossing to ensure all of the chicken is well coated. Saute the chicken, stirring occasionally, until completely cooked through. Then, remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.1 lb chicken breasts, 1 tablespoon chicken taco seasoning
- Add a little more oil to the skillet, if necessary, and then place one tortilla into it. Sprinkle ¼ of the cooked chicken as well as ¼ of the shredded cheese onto the tortilla. Place a second tortilla on top and gently press down with your spatula.8 large flour tortillas, 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- Cook the chicken quesadilla for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the tortillas have browned and the cheese is melted. Repeat the process for each quesadilla.
- If desired, cut your quesadillas into wedges. Then, serve immediately.
Equipment You May Need
- This recipe is fantastic for using up some rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken, or even canned chicken!
- If desired, you can add some tasty bell peppers or onions! Just saute them before adding the chicken.
- For some added heat, add in a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes when you season the chicken.
- I like using two tortillas and pressing them together with a spatula. However, you could also use one tortilla and just fold it over on itself.
- To store: Before storing, your quesadilla needs to be completely cool. Then, place it into an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days at most.
- To freeze: Place your chicken quesadillas into a Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Reheat your chicken quesadillas in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes or until they are nice and hot. Of course, you can also heat them in the microwave using 30-second bursts.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think: