These Halloween cake ideas are full of fun and spooky recipes that will impress all of your family and friends! These cool and creepy desserts are the perfect addition to any Halloween spread. Serve one of these festive cakes at your next Halloween party or scary movie marathon!
Scary Fun Halloween Cake Ideas
No spooky Halloween party is complete without a fun and festive cake. It's a holiday that revolves around candy, after all, and the sweets and treats you make are the best part!
These cake recipes are all just as fun to look at as they are to eat! Whether you are a seasoned baker or just getting started, this list includes something for every skill set!
- Scary Fun Halloween Cake Ideas
- 1. No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2. Pumpkin Fudge Poke Cake
- 3. Pumpkin Roll
- 4. Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 5. Pumpkin Cake Pops
- 6. Black Chocolate Cake
- 7. Easy Mummy Cake
- 8. Salted Caramel Apple Snickers Cake
- 9. Evil Eyes Halloween Cake
- 10. Easy Frankenstein Cake
- 11. Halloween Cake Pops
- 12. Halloween Dirt Cake
- 13. Spiderweb Cake
- 14. Halloween Layer Cake
- 15. Freaky Finger Red Velvet Cake
- 16. Leftover Halloween Candy Cake
- 17. Witch Cauldron Mug Cake
- 18. Death By Chocolate Halloween Cake
- 19. Slime Cake
- 20. Candy Corn Poke Cake
- 21. Unicorn Jack O' Lantern Cale
- 22. Jack O' Lantern Cake
- 23. Chocolate Skull Cake
- 24. Dead Velvet Cake
- 25. Graveyard Cake
- 26. Trick or Treat Candy Bucket Cake
- 27. Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 28. Halloween Emoji Cupcakes
- 29. Hocus Pocus Spellbook Sheet Cake
- 30. Blackout Cheesecake
- 31. Orange Cream Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- 🎂 🍰 More Incredible Cakes
- 📖 Recipe Card
- Halloween Cake Ideas: Pumpkin Dump Cake (+ More Delicious Desserts!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
1. No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
This cool and creamy pumpkin cheesecake is a fall treat I always look forward to. Plus, nothing is easier than a cake you never have to put in the oven!
2. Pumpkin Fudge Poke Cake
Hot fudge and moist pumpkin cake is the combination you didn't know you needed this fall. When you take a bite of the ultra-moist pumpkin cake filled with hot fudge and coated in vanilla icing with caramel drizzle, you'll see what I mean!
3. Pumpkin Roll
A fluffy layer of pumpkin spice cake rolled up with a thick layer of cream cheese filling. It slices beautifully, with a distinct swirl right in the center!
4. Pumpkin Dump Cake
It doesn't get any easier than this pumpkin dump cake. If you need an easy Halloween dessert that you can whip up in an hour, this is it!
>>>>See all of my recipes here<<<<
5. Pumpkin Cake Pops
Eat your cake on the go with these cute pumpkin cake pops! These bite-sized sweets consist of pumpkin cake, cream cheese, and orange candy melts- yum!
6. Black Chocolate Cake
Black cocoa takes this chocolate cake to a whole other level! It may look spooky, but it tastes like the chocolate cake of your dreams.
7. Easy Mummy Cake
A skull-shaped pan makes this mummy cake extra easy to throw together. Add some 'creepy' eyeballs and mummy bandages for a cake your guests won't forget!
8. Salted Caramel Apple Snickers Cake
This cake is a showstopper, and though it requires some extra time and effort, it's well worth it. A chocolate Snickers-flavored cake topped off with whole caramel apples is something you don't see every day!
9. Evil Eyes Halloween Cake
This fun and spooky cake has candy eyeballs peering right back at you! You'll need a minimal amount of decorating skills, but the results are well-worth it!
10. Easy Frankenstein Cake
Use your favorite flavor of boxed cake mix to customize this adorable Frankenstein cake! You can even play around with his expressions!
11. Halloween Cake Pops
These Halloween cake pops are covered in spooky decorations and drops of corn syrup blood! Kids and adults alike will enjoy these easy-to-eat treats.
12. Halloween Dirt Cake
This chocolate pudding graveyard cake is creepy and silly, yet totally tasty! The dirt is made from crushed cookies, and kids will have fun helping you build a graveyard with candy pumpkins and Nutter Butter tombstones.
13. Spiderweb Cake
This creepy crawly dark chocolate cake is coated in Oreo cookie frosting. It's elegant and spooky all at the same time!
14. Halloween Layer Cake
Ghost Peeps and Milano cookies adorn the top of this funky Halloween cake! The cake is both chocolate and vanilla, so everyone can get what they like.
15. Freaky Finger Red Velvet Cake
This red velvet cake is both terrifying and delightfully delicious! It features the classic red velvet and cream cheese flavor that everyone loves but with one dramatic twist - fingers!
16. Leftover Halloween Candy Cake
This easy Halloween candy cake is a great way to get rid of those extra bags of candy lying around without eating them all yourself! It's made with chocolate cake mix, which you can grab at the store or quickly whip up your own!
17. Witch Cauldron Mug Cake
These personal-sized cakes are made in ceramic cauldrons! They only require 90 seconds in the microwave, and there's no need to share!
18. Death By Chocolate Halloween Cake
This rich and indulgent chocolate cake will have you savoring every bite. It might not actually kill you, but you will feel like you're in heaven!
19. Slime Cake
This super simple cake only requires a box of dark cake mix and black food coloring. The true showstopper is the neon green slime pudding, which is super easy to make as well!
20. Candy Corn Poke Cake
This super easy dessert is perfect for beginners! The cake is tasty and decked out in fun candy corn colors!
21. Unicorn Jack O' Lantern Cale
This cake is more cute than spooky, but it's always a hit with the kiddos nonetheless! Everyone loves a fluffy chocolate cake, especially when it's shaped like a unicorn.
22. Jack O' Lantern Cake
The smiling face of this Jack O' Lantern will make a great addition to any Halloween spread. Believe it or not, it only requires a handful of simple ingredients!
23. Chocolate Skull Cake
This cool chocolate skull cake looks like it was carved by hand, but the secret is to use a skull cake pan! A powdered sugar glaze gives the chocolate skull its white appearance, and a simple chocolate glaze tops it all off!
24. Dead Velvet Cake
This cake makes a spooktacular centerpiece for any Halloween get-together. A classic red velvet cake is encircled with a row of sweet meringue bones, and it looks almost too good to eat!
25. Graveyard Cake
This graveyard cake is lots of fun to make and eat! Homemade chocolate cake topped with cookie tombstones, sweet ghosts, candy pumpkins, and chewy gummy worms will make the kids go wild!
26. Trick or Treat Candy Bucket Cake
This cake looks like a trick-or-treater's candy pale after Halloween night! It's not the easiest cake, but it is a great opportunity to let your creativity shine!
27. Pumpkin Sheet Cake
This pumpkin sheet cake may be simple, but it sure is delicious! Cream cheese frosting and pumpkin go together like peanut butter and jelly.
28. Halloween Emoji Cupcakes
These cupcakes feature everyone's favorite emoji faces- Halloween style. Heart-eyed vampires, silly zombies, and grinning devils are all included, just to name a few!
29. Hocus Pocus Spellbook Sheet Cake
Put Hocus Pocus on the TV while you bake this easy sheet cake that looks straight out of the movie! At its base, it's a moist chocolate Halloween Funfetti cake with chocolate frosting, and it's surprisingly simple to make.
30. Blackout Cheesecake
This low-carb mocha cheesecake is delicious and pitch black all the way through, so you can hardly tell where the cake ends and crust begins! On top is a beautiful spider web made with white chocolate.
31. Orange Cream Cake with Chocolate Ganache
This stunning orange cake is oozing with chocolate ganache! Not only is it orange in color, but the cake tastes like an orange creamsicle. It's beautiful and delicious!
Are any of these Halloween cake ideas calling your name? Give one of these recipes a try, and come back to let us know how it turned out!
🎂 🍰 More Incredible Cakes
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - This cake is decadent and delicious, just like cake should be!
- Rainbow Cake - This rainbow cake is loads of fun, with layers in every color and a jellybean topping!
- Chocolate Fudge Cake - This double chocolate cake is a chocolate lover's dream, fudge frosting and all!
- Tres Leches Cake - This homemade 3-milk cake is sweet and moist with a delightfully fluffy whipped topping!
- Maraschino Cherry Coffee Cake - The only thing that makes coffee cake better is filling it full of juicy red cherries!
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake - Pineapple upside-down cake is a classic, and there's no frosting necessary!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Halloween Cake Ideas: Pumpkin Dump Cake (+ More Delicious Desserts!)
- 29 oz pureed pumpkin (1 29-ounce can or 2 14 to 15-ounce cans, *see note)
- 12 oz evaporated milk (1 12-ounce can)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (try my recipe or use your favorite brand)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 15.25 oz spice cake mix (1 15.25-ounce package)
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- ½ cup pecans (optional, crushed)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice mix, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, add your package of cake mix and melted butter. Stir until the mixture has a crumbly consistency and then sprinkle it over the pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle the optional crushed graham crackers and/or crushed or chopped pecans over the top of the cake.
- Transfer the baking dish to your preheated oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 50-60 minutes, or until the edges have been lightly browned (*see note).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before slicing and serving (*see note).
- For best results, use Libby's brand pumpkin as it contains the least amount of liquid.
- This recipe uses pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. However, if you only have pumpkin pie filling on hand, you can still use it. However, you will need to adjust (reduce) the sugar and spices so that it is not too sweet!
- Feel free to reduce your canned pumpkin by half, if desired - it will still be tasty!
- For some extra texture, you can add either of the optional ingredients - graham crackers or pecans. Or, use a combination of both crushed graham crackers and chopped pecans for the topping!
- If you notice that your dump cake is browning too quickly (but not done baking), simply top it with some foil and finish baking as directed!
- If you stick a toothpick into your dump cake, some of the pumpkin filling will stick to it. You'll know it is done when it is no longer jiggly in the center and the cake topping is set!
- Personally, I think this cake is the best on day 2 after spending some time in the refrigerator!
- To store: Place any leftovers into an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze: Wrap your dump cake in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before storing it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before enjoying!
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!