These Halloween-themed appetizers are always a crowd-pleaser, and they're perfect for getting your next Halloween party started! Kids love to wrap their own mummy dogs, and nothing says spooky fun like puking pumpkins! There are even some classic recipes that are always a hit with kids and adults alike!
Best Halloween Party Appetizers
No Halloween party or spooky movie night is complete without tasty Halloween snacks and appetizers! We have chips, dips, and spooky Halloween-themed snacks everyone will enjoy snacking on!
Make a spread of appetizers to get your next Halloween get-together started off right. These recipes are fun, tasty, and perfect for sharing!
- Best Halloween Party Appetizers
- 1. Mummy Dogs
- 2. Mini Mummy Pizzas
- 3. Halloween Baked Cheese Mummy
- 4. Crescent Roll Witch Hats
- 5. Lil Smokies Pigs In A Blanket
- 6. Guacamole
- 7. The Best 7-Layer Dip
- 8. Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 9. Pizza Roll-Ups
- 10. Nachos Supreme
- 11. Deviled Eggs
- 12. Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
- 13. Spam Puffs
- 14. Spider Web Dip
- 15. Puking Pumpkins
- 16. Mozzarella Eyeballs
- 17. Witches Broomstick Snacks
- 18. Reese's Peanut Butter Ball
- 19. Witch's Fingers Breadsticks
- 20. Halloween Bean dip
- 21. Halloween Cheese & Crackers With A Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- 😋🎃 More Tasty Appetizers
- 📖 Recipe Card
- Halloween Themed Appetizers: Mummy Dogs (+21 More Great Party Snacks & Treats!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
See my tasty collection of easy party appetizers for more great snacks to serve during your Halloween bash! I've also gathered my best Halloween Cookies, Halloween Cocktails, and Halloween Treats for you to serve to kids and adults alike!! Plus, you can see all of my Halloween trunk-or-treat ideas and pumpkin-shaped cakes, too!
1. Mummy Dogs
Grab some hot dogs and crescent rolls to make these fun Halloween mummy dogs! Thin strips of dough make up the mummy 'bandages,' and you can leave a small gap for cute peek-a-boo candy eyes.
Bake them in the oven until golden and delicious. Everyone will enjoy these fun, spooky snacks!
2. Mini Mummy Pizzas
These fun English muffin pizzas are all the rage at every Halloween party. Strips of cheese are draped across mini pizzas to look like wrapped mummies.
Top them off with olive eyeballs; everyone will love these tasty Halloween snacks!
3. Halloween Baked Cheese Mummy
Halloween baked cheese mummies are the perfect snack or appetizer for kids before they head out trick-or-treating! They consist of stuffed puff pastries that are filled with pepperoni and, of course, cheese!
Add candy eyes to mummify your baked cheese, and watch the kids go wild!
4. Crescent Roll Witch Hats
These soft and fluffy witch hats are made with 4 simple ingredients: a tube of crescent rolls, salami, basil, and cheese. The results are delicious and will surely be a hit with kids and adults alike!
Try serving these with homemade marinara for a great dip!
5. Lil Smokies Pigs In A Blanket
Lil Smokies pigs in a blanket are the perfect party finger food. You only need 2 ingredients and your favorite condiments!
The crescent roll dough bakes up fluffy and golden. Stick a toothpick in each piggy for an easy-to-grab appetizer!
No party is complete without some chips and guac! This homemade guacamole is fresh, flavorful, and perfect for sharing!
Fresh avocados, lime, cilantro, tomatoes, and red onion are all you need. Your friends and family will ask you for this easy and delicious recipe!
7. The Best 7-Layer Dip
7 layer dip is a great appetizer for any occasion! Layers of refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheese, tomatoes, and black olives are perfect for scooping up with tortilla chips.
Keep it cold until you're ready to dig in! It only takes 10 minutes, so it's a great last-minute addition to any Halloween spread.
8. Spinach Artichoke Dip
This cheesy spinach and artichoke dip is another crowd-pleasing classic. Serve it at your next spooky movie night or Halloween party!
This warm dip is delicious with chips or crusty pieces of bread. It's also a great way to squeeze in some vegetables for picky kids!
>>>>See all of my recipes here<<<<
9. Pizza Roll-Ups
Pizza roll-ups are easy to grab and eat on the go. Snag one off the plate and munch while you enjoy your next Halloween get-together.
Full of salami, pepperoni, marinara, and gooey mozzarella cheese, these stuffed crescent rolls taste just like your favorite slice of pizza!
10. Nachos Supreme
A tasty tray of nachos always draws a crowd! These nachos are loaded with taco-seasoned ground beef, cheese sauce, beans, and all your favorite toppings!
Double up the recipe if you have a large crowd. But don't expect them to last long!
11. Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are always a highly requested appetizer at any of my parties! This classic recipe is always a hit with kids and adults alike.
You only need some hard-boiled eggs, mustard, mayo, vinegar, salt, and pepper! A sprinkling of crispy bacon is always nice, too.
12. Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
Sausage cream cheese dip is a quick and easy appetizer that is perfect for sharing with friends and family! It is savory and creamy, the perfect complement to some crispy chips.
13. Spam Puffs
Cheesy spam puffs are a great last-minute appetizer for your Halloween spread. Combine baking mix, spam, and cheese, then bake!
These tasty spam puffs are easy to snack on. Be sure to make plenty because people will want seconds!
14. Spider Web Dip
Top off some tasty black bean dip with a sour cream spider web! This Pinterest-worthy recipe is incredibly easy to make and perfect for parties!
This dip is delicious with crisp veggie sticks or chips!
15. Puking Pumpkins
Puking pumpkins may sound yucky, but they are actually lots of fun! The pumpkin 'puke' is made with a creamy avocado dip that is full of bacon bits, cheese, lime juice, and jalapenos.
Serve up some crisp chips and veggies for dipping, and you have a festive appetizer that doubles as decoration!
16. Mozzarella Eyeballs
Nothing says Happy Halloween like some spooky mozzarella eyeballs! Best of all, there is no cooking required!
Marinate mini mozzarella balls, then use stuffed green olives to build the eyes! It's a refreshing appetizer that comes together in no time at all.
17. Witches Broomstick Snacks
These adorable (and delicious) witches broomsticks are made with nothing more than some pretzel sticks, string cheese, and fresh chives. They not only look cool, but they are relatively healthy, too!
18. Reese's Peanut Butter Ball
Halloween is one of the only times it is totally normal to eat candy as an appetizer! This sweet take on a cheese ball features a cream cheese and peanut butter base with a coating of Reese's Pieces candy!
You can dip it with graham crackers, bits of waffle cone, or even cookies!
19. Witch's Fingers Breadsticks
20. Halloween Bean dip
This black bean dip with whole black beans is full of fresh and flavorful ingredients that will keep you returning for more. Serve it with some crispy blue corn tortilla chips (I can always find them around October) or black bean chips for more of a Halloween effect!
21. Halloween Cheese & Crackers With A Pumpkin Cheese Ball
All the deliciousness and ease of a cheeseball but with a fun Halloween flare! Cookie cutters can be used to cut your cheese into festive shapes, which is always a hit with the kids!
With any of these tasty appetizers on the table, your Halloween will surely be a hit! Come back and tell me how everything turned out in the comment section below!
😋🎃 More Tasty Appetizers
- Pretzels - These soft-baked pretzels are perfect for dipping!
- Crab Stuffed Shrimp - Crab stuffed shrimp is a delicious gourmet appetizer that will impress all of your guests!
- Totchos - Totchos are a fun alternative to nachos that everyone will enjoy.
- Cheddar Swiss Cheese Fondue - This fondue is perfect for dipping bread, veggies, or whatever you'd like!
- Rotel Dip - This meaty and cheesy dip will be the star of the show at any get-together.
- Pinwheel Sandwiches - Pinwheel sandwiches are the perfect finger food for serving a large crowd!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Halloween Themed Appetizers: Mummy Dogs (+21 More Great Party Snacks & Treats!)
- 8 oz crescent rolls (1 8-ounce can of refrigerated crescent rolls)
- 2 ½ slices American cheese
- 10 standard hot dogs
- 20 candy eyes
- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- If using pre-scored crescent rolls, roll them out and tear at the perforation (making 4 rectangles). If using a sheet of crescent rolls, unroll it and cut it into 4 rectangles.
- With kitchen shears or a knife, cut each of the rectangles of dough into 10 thin strips. You should have 40 strips of dough.
- Slice the cheese into quarters (and the last half slice into two halves).
- Stack a slice of cheese on top of each hot dog. Then, wrap them up with the thin dough strips, crisscrossing to look like a wrapped mummy. The dough can be stretched slightly to cover the entire hotdog.
- Leave space between the dough bandages to add a face or eyes to your mummy, if desired. (*See note).
- Place the mummy hotdogs cheese-side-down on an ungreased baking sheet and spray the dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 13-17 minutes, or until the dough is golden-brown. Remove from heat, add candy eyes, and serve with your favorite condiments.
- If candy eyes are not an option, make your faces with ketchup and/or mustard!
- You can make a mini-version by using Lil'smokies if desired.
- Add candy eyes after baking or they will melt in the oven!
- To store: Place leftover mummy dogs in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To reheat: No need to thaw frozen mummies. Simply bake at 350°F (175°C) until hot, usually 4-5 minutes for refrigerated mummies and 20-25 minutes from frozen.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!