The best cherry tomato recipes are full of flavor, offer variety, and are simple to make, so we made a list that meets all the criteria! Cherry tomatoes are deliciously juicy, bite-sized morsels that have different flavors depending on how you prepare them. No two recipes will taste the same!
All the best recipes to make with juicy, delicious cherry tomatoes that you just have to try!
If you love to grow tomatoes, then odds are you’ve grown a Cherry tomato plant. Yielding upwards of 300 tomatoes a season, there are tons of great recipes to use up all those wonderful morsels of goodness.
Cherry tomatoes get their name from their size (the size of a cherry) but are packed with tangy, sweet tomato flavor like their full-sized counterparts.
- 1. Sauteed Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
- 2. Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
- 3. Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 4. Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- 5. Cherry Tomato Salad
- 6. Burst Tomato Pasta
- 7. Roasted Potatoes and Cherry Tomatoes
- 8. Sheet Pan Cherry Tomato Gnocchi
- 9. Roasted Cherry Tomato & Basil Grilled Cheese
- 10. Baked Feta with Cherry Tomatoes
- 11. Caprese Skewers
- 12. Baked Chicken Thighs and Cherry Tomatoes
- 13. Speedy Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 14. Simple Cherry Tomato Salsa
- 15. Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup
- 16. Tomato Butter Roasted Salmon with Cherry Tomatoes
- 17. Tomato Spinach White Wine Chicken
- 19. Marinated Watermelon Tomato Salad
- 📋 Recipe
They are sweet, almost candy-like, juicy, and bursting with flavor! We’ve rounded up some of the best recipes that incorporate that flavor in a way that really shows it off!
1. Sauteed Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
This delectable side dish pairs well with any meaty main. Tangy cherry tomatoes pair so well with asparagus, and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese takes it over the top!
2. Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
If you prefer a more hands-off method, try tossing cherry tomatoes and asparagus in the oven. Roasting brings out the flavor of both veggies, and you can work on the main course as they cook.
3. Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
This simple recipe celebrates cherry tomatoes for what they are. Roasting them brings out a sweetness that makes them taste almost like juicy, tangy candy.
Great for topping salads, sandwiches, pasta, and so much more, this is a good recipe to keep in your back pocket.
4. Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Bruschetta is so easy to make with just a few basic ingredients and it is so good! While it’s usually served as an appetizer, I’ve been guilty of eating enough of it I should consider it a meal.
We love to serve this at home during a holiday or Sunday dinners as an appetizer to our guests. It’s easy to make the Bruschetta mixture ahead of time. It’s fresh, full of flavor, and sure to please everyone.
5. Cherry Tomato Salad
While tomatoes are a fairly common ingredient in salads, this recipe makes the cherry tomatoes the star of the show! This delicious mix of tomatoes, mozzarella, red onion, olive oil, and seasonings is tasty for even the stingiest palettes.
6. Burst Tomato Pasta
This is one of my personal favorites. Even though it is pasta, it’s a light dish that is quick and easy to make. The “burst” refers to when the tomato cooks down and the juices burst out.
Cherry tomatoes turn into a delicious chunky sauce when combined with olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and other seasonings. Toss with your pasta and it’s time to dig in!
7. Roasted Potatoes and Cherry Tomatoes
This is recipe is a quick and easy side dish perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s both flavorful and filling!
Red potatoes, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and seasonings get tossed and roasted in the oven. Pair with your protein of choice for a great meal!
8. Sheet Pan Cherry Tomato Gnocchi
This recipe is a treat! Gnocchi is little potato pasta balls that are light and delicious.
This recipe has you throw gnocchi on a sheet pan with your cherry tomatoes and a variety of seasonings. Bake then toss with Parmesan cheese and you’ve got a fabulous meal to enjoy.
9. Roasted Cherry Tomato & Basil Grilled Cheese
This isn’t your traditional grilled cheese; this recipe takes it up a few notches! A scrumptious blend of roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil grilled to perfection.
The secret to this recipe is in the sauce. The tomato juices and mayonnaise are mixed together adding an extra punch of flavor and creamy texture.
10. Baked Feta with Cherry Tomatoes
This recipe is great because you can use it as a base and create a few different dishes. It has feta, cherry tomatoes, hot chiles, garlic, and other ingredients creating a unique flavor.
While this recipe specifically utilizes it as a dip with bread, it can easily be tossed with pasta, used as a topping on chicken, or any other way your creative culinary skills desire.
11. Caprese Skewers
Kabobs or Skewers are a favorite in the summer. These Skewers don’t require a grill, though.
These fun appetizers are easy and a party favorite. With cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and a drizzle of a balsamic reduction these skewers are light and fun to eat.
12. Baked Chicken Thighs and Cherry Tomatoes
This one-pan dish is a weeknight favorite in our house. Bone-in Chicken thighs, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and fresh rosemary are the stars of this dinner.
It’s a juicy dish perfect for dipping bread in or serving over rice or pasta.
13. Speedy Cherry Tomato Sauce
Not many people realize you can make a quality red sauce with cherry tomatoes. It’s a great way to use a lot of your garden cherry tomatoes if you have them.
This sauce is a quick alternative to other traditional red sauces that take hours to simmer. It’s great over pasta, as a topping on your chicken or fish, or even as your pizza sauce for those make your own pizza nights
14. Simple Cherry Tomato Salsa
Who doesn’t love a quality salsa? This recipe is easy to follow and produces a simple yet flavorful salsa you can wait to dip your tortilla chips into.
It is fresh and delicious with cherry tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and other spices. Want to spice it up? Add some jalapenos or chili peppers.
15. Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup
I love a good soup. I especially love tomato soup and making my own out of my garden tomatoes.
This recipe comes together in an hour, so you don’t have to wait for long. Cherry tomatoes, vegetable broth, cream, basil, and other seasonings create a delicious soup you’ll want to pair with grilled cheese!
16. Tomato Butter Roasted Salmon with Cherry Tomatoes
This is a great weeknight recipe as it only takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Cherry tomatoes, Salmon, olive oil, and peppadew peppers cook together for an unforgettably unique dish.
17. Tomato Spinach White Wine Chicken
The name says it all! A delightful chicken dish with cherry tomatoes that has a buttery white wine and tomato sauce with Spinach.
Don’t worry, if you don’t want to use the wine you can substitute chicken broth and still have a delicious meal.
19. Marinated Watermelon Tomato Salad
This is the fresh and zingy summer salad of your dreams! Watermelon, cherry tomatoes, fresh mint, ginger, and goat cheese all meld together with other seasonings and olive oil to create an incredibly flavorful and refreshing salad.
Great for your next picnic or BBQ!
Cherry tomatoes are so versatile. No matter which recipe you choose to try, it's sure to be delicious! Tell us how your cherry tomato dish turns out in the comments below!
Best Cherry Tomato Recipes: Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (+More Great Ideas!)
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes, washed and larger tomatoes sliced in half)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper (optional, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place sliced tomatoes, thyme and olive oil in a small mixing bowl and combine to coat with the oil. Transfer to baking sheet and spread the tomatoes into an even layer.1 lb cherry tomatoes, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt & pepper
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and slightly blistered.
- Store any unused roasted cherry tomatoes in an air tight container in the refrigerator. They are best used within 4 days but can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To freeze your roasted cherry tomatoes, transfer the completely cooled cherry tomatoes into a freezer storage bag. Squeeze all of the excess air out of the bag and freeze. The tomatoes will store for up to 2 months.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!