These delicious asparagus recipes will show you how versatile and tasty this easy-to-cook vegetable can truly be. It can be a side dish, chopped into a salad, roasted in the oven, or even air-fried! This easy-to-cook vegetable will become one of your new go-to items!
The Best Asparagus Recipes
I’ve compiled a list of the best asparagus recipes you can find! These dishes are simple, easy, and extremely flavorful!
Asparagus is a vegetable that pairs well with a wide variety of meals. With this list of recipes, I’m sure you’ll be able to find one you’ll love!
1. Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
The salty bacon in this recipe brings an extra savory element that you won’t want to miss! This dish would make a fantastic appetizer or even a side dish!
This incredibly easy dish only needs 4 ingredients so you won’t need a long grocery list!
2. Air Fryer Asparagus
The air fryer is such a convenient appliance that can help you to make perfectly roasted asparagus in less than 10 minutes! Sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese for some extra flavor or enjoy it as-is!
This recipe is so ridiculously easy, anyone can do it! It is foolproof with only 3 ingredients and an air fryer!
3. Smoked Asparagus
This smoked asparagus recipe is such a great way to bring a new element into your veggie side dish! The tender and delicious asparagus take in a whole new smoky flavor to make it something extra special!
Use your favorite wood chips to tweak the smoky flavor to your personal preference. This recipe is so easy, it can’t be messed up!
4. Lemon Asparagus Orzo
This pasta dish is surprisingly light and refreshing! The small pasta pieces are deliciously tender and pair perfectly with the flavor of the asparagus!
The garlic, lemon, and Parmesan cheese make this dish extra flavorful! This recipe makes a great side dish for my oven-roasted bone-in chicken breast!
5. Sautéed Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
The recipe is so quick and easy that you’ll have it on the table in only 15 minutes! It is great for when you’re in a pinch or need to add a fast, healthy side dish to your meal.
This dish only uses one skillet, so you won’t end up with a pile of dirty dishes!
6. Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes with Garlic and Parmesan
Tomatoes and asparagus are a match made in heaven! Add in some garlic and Parmesan and they become even more delicious!
I love roasting my veggies because it is so effortless but yields an incredibly tasty result! After you make this once, it will become one of your staple side dishes!
These tasty asparagus recipes will make a flavorful and healthy side dish! Leave a comment down below and let me know which one was your favorite!
Best Asparagus Recipes: Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (+More Great Dishes!)
- 12 slices bacon (use normal bacon, not thick-cut slices)
- 24 stalks asparagus (approximately 1 bundle or 10 ounces - washed and ends trimmed)
- ¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper for easy cleanup. Spray a wire cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray and place it on your prepared baking sheet.
- Cut each of your bacon strips in half lengthwise so that you have nice, thin strips to wind around the asparagus spears.12 slices bacon
- Hold the end of your asparagus and wrap with bacon, winding down toward the tip of the spear. Place with the ends facing downward on your wire cooling rack. Repeat until all of the asparagus has been wrapped in bacon.24 stalks asparagus
- Season with salt and pepper then bake at 400°F (205°C) for 10-12 minutes. Turn each piece of asparagus using tongs, then continue cooking for 5-6 minutes.¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper
- Set the oven to broil on high to finish the bacon wrapped asparagus spears. Heat for 1-2 minutes then remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Wrap strategically. Slightly overlap the bacon as you wrap it down each spear. When cooked, the bacon will shrink and make an attractive pattern.
- Prep asparagus. Remember to rinse your asparagus to eliminate sand or dirt before you get started. Trim off the bottom end of each stalk where the green begins to fade. You can also use a peeler to remove any tough, woody outer skin as needed.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!