Once you try air fryer frozen potstickers you won't want to make these savory, crispy, little dumplings any other way! Wave goodbye to takeout, because you can make all your favorite Asian-inspired appetizers at home in minutes with your air fryer!
Try these tiny packages of deliciousness any time you’re in a hurry for a quick, Asian-inspired meal!
Sometimes you just need something fast and easy without sacrificing flavor. Air fryer frozen potstickers are perfect for those times. These little Asian-style dumplings are always a hit at my house.
Just pull out your favorite brand of potstickers (aka gyoza, or dumplings) from the freezer, oil your basket, and cook them for 12 to 14 minutes. They’re chewy and flavorful and can be filled with whatever you prefer!
I love serving these as an appetizer with an array of different sauces. Here are just a few: soy sauce, sriracha or a sriracha-mayonnaise mix, hibachi ginger sauce, kecap manis, and hibachi mustard sauce.
Try one or try them all! Potstickers are tasty with a wide variety of flavors.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Easy Cleanup! No pots or pans to wash when you break out the air fryer to cook these frozen appetizers!
Crisp potstickers! The air fryer gives dumplings a fantastic texture!
Flexible! Use this recipe for any kind of potstickers you want!
Make this as simple or as involved as you want. Sauces will add extra time but are definitely worth it.
- 12 Frozen Potstickers - You can make any brand in your air fryer!
- Spray Oil - Use a spray bottle, mister, or brush on the oil with a pastry brush. Make sure not to use aerosolized nonstick cooking spray, as that will ruin the coating on your fryer.
Optional Dipping Sauces
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
For this recipe, all you’ll need is your air fryer and a bit of oil to prevent sticking. I find my silicone tongs best for flipping and serving up these tasty potstickers.
- Prep your basket. Carefully arrange 12 frozen potstickers in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Generously spray oil over the dumplings giving them a good coat.
- Cook. Put the basket back in the air fryer and cook at 380℉ (193℃) for 12 to 14 minutes or until as hot as you prefer. After about 6 to 8 minutes, flip the potstickers to prevent sticking.
- Serve. Remove and serve immediately.
Serve as an appetizer or a full meal with dipping sauces. If you want to add a main dish, I’d recommend Hunan beef, teriyaki chicken stir fry, or one of my tasty stir fry recipes. Enjoy!
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Don’t let potstickers overlap. My air fryer comfortably fits 12 to 16 potstickers, but everyone’s will be a bit different. Just make sure they are in a single layer without overlap.
- Keep potstickers frozen. Don’t thaw the dumplings before cooking. In this recipe, they are meant to be cooked from a frozen state.
- Turn during cooking. Be sure to move the potstickers frequently during cooking. As their name implies, they tend to stick together if not shifted around and flipped.
- Leave some space. Potstickers cook faster when there is more space between them for air to circulate. The same is true for later batches after the air fryer is fully heated.
- Be aware of the style of your air fryer. Convection-style fryers and those with extra large baskets often require less cooking time. Watch closely towards the end of the 12 to 14 minute period.
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Wrap up leftovers in foil or put in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days, depending on what your dumplings are stuffed with.
Don’t refreeze leftover dumplings. The texture will be off, and they won’t be as good.
Reheating Air Fryer Frozen Potstickers
To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer at 380℉ (193℃) for 5 minutes or so, until they’re hot.
😋 More Air Fryer Appetizers!
Air Fryer Frozen Potstickers (Gyoza or Dumplings)
- 12 frozen potstickers
- spray oil
Optional Dipping Sauces
- Sweet And Sour Sauce (optional)
- Teriyaki Sauce (optional)
- Arrange your frozen potstickers in an even single layer in your air fryer basket. Use a spritz bottle or spray oil to generously coat the potstickers or dumplings until well covered.12 frozen potstickers, spray oil
- Air fry at 380°F (193°C) for 12-14 minutes, or until heated to your satisfaction. Make sure to flip at least once after about 6-8 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from your air fryer and serve immediately when done. Serve with your favorite gyoza dipping sauce.
Equipment You May Need
- 12-16 potstickers will usually fit in a single layer in my air fryers. Make sure that the frozen dumplings are arranged so that they are not overlapping.
- Do not thaw your frozen potstickers before air frying them, they are meant to be cooked from frozen.
- Turn potstickers frequently during air frying as they can tend to stick together.
- The more room for air to circulate between your potstickers, the faster they will cook. This is also true of consecutive batches after the air fryer is fully heated.
- Convection-style air fryers and XL basket air fryers also tend to cook your foods a little faster, watch closely toward the end of the cooking time.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think: