These 30 minute Christmas side dishes are my favorite fool-proof recipes for getting food on the Christmas dinner table in a flash. This list includes classic Christmas side dishes as well as a few new ideas. You can have Christmas dinner ready in no time with these super quick and easy recipes!
Quick & Easy Christmas Side Dish Recipes
There's no reason you should have to spend all day in the kitchen just to pull off an epic Christmas dinner. With these quick and easy 30 minute (or less!) Christmas side dishes, all you have to focus on is the main course.
Whether you are searching for some indulgent holiday sides or lighter veggie options, this list has it all. You'll have Christmas dinner ready in a flash with any of these simple yet flavorful recipes!
- Quick & Easy Christmas Side Dish Recipes
- Last Minute Christmas Side Dishes
- 1. Creamed Corn
- 2. Maple Candied Yams
- 3. Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 4. Campbell's Green Bean Casserole
- 5. Instant Pot Au Gratin Potatoes
- 6. Fresh Green Bean Casserole (from Scratch)
- 7. Instant Pot Acorn Squash
- 8. Yellow Mashed Potatoes
- 9. Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes
- 10. Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Onions
- 11. Green Beans Almondine
- 12. Baked Cabbage Steaks
- 13. Pan Seared Brussel Sprouts
- 14. Microwave Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 15. Sour Cream Cornbread
- 16. Honey Roasted Acorn Squash
- 17. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 18. Buttered Peas & Carrots
- 19. Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 🎄 More Tasty Christmas Recipes
- 📋 Recipe
Whether you're a pro at hosting Christmas dinner and holiday parties or giving it a try for the first time this year, you're sure to find my ultimate guide to planning Christmas a help! Don't forget to safely thaw your holiday prime rib early too!
Last Minute Christmas Side Dishes
These recipes are the perfect solution if you are expected to contribute to a holiday get-together last-minute. You could even make a couple if you like!
1. Creamed Corn
Creamed corn is a rich and comforting side dish that can be whipped up in a mere 15 minutes. Whether you are having prime rib, roasted turkey, or a glazed ham for dinner, this corn is always a great choice.
2. Maple Candied Yams
These sweet and sticky maple candied yams have a secret ingredient: bacon! The savory flavor of bacon perfectly contrasts with the sweet, syrupy yams. You'll never want candied yams without bacon again!
3. Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
These extra creamy mashed potatoes have cream cheese and bacon mixed right in! Everyone loves soft, buttery mashed potatoes and that is even more true when there's bacon involved.
4. Campbell's Green Bean Casserole
You can't go wrong with this old-school Campbell's green bean casserole recipe. It's quick and easy because it calls for canned green beans, canned cream of mushroom soup, and of course crispy fried onions.
5. Instant Pot Au Gratin Potatoes
If you have convenient appliances like an Instant Pot or an air fryer, now is the time to bust it out! You can make gourmet-quality sides like these cheesy au gratin potatoes in just 25 minutes.
6. Fresh Green Bean Casserole (from Scratch)
Yes, you can totally make fresh green bean casserole from scratch when you are on a time constraint. You can even save more time by rinsing and trimming the green beans the evening before!
7. Instant Pot Acorn Squash
Bust out your Instant pot because this acorn squash in honey sauce is ready in just 12 minutes! If you've never had acorn squash, now's the time to try it. It's nutty and sweet but also incredibly easy to make!
8. Yellow Mashed Potatoes
You can whip up a whole batch of creamy yellow mashed potatoes in just 25 minutes! All you need is 4 simple ingredients: yellow potatoes, heavy cream, butter, and salt.
9. Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes
Pan fried sweet potatoes are a quick and easy side dish that pairs well with any entree. This method only takes 15 minutes to turn out perfectly seared sweet potatoes.
10. Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Onions
If you prefer a more hands-off method, try these oven roasted sweet potatoes and onions! They are cooked at a high heat so the outside gets nicely browned but the inside stays soft.
11. Green Beans Almondine
It takes almost no time at all to make a delicious side of green beans almondine. Thin almond slivers give these green beans an extra crunch that is hard to resist!
12. Baked Cabbage Steaks
With just 4 ingredients you can bake some tender and perfectly seasoned cabbage steaks. This surprisingly simple vegan and low-carb side is one of the very best ways to enjoy cabbage!
13. Pan Seared Brussel Sprouts
Pan-seared brussel sprouts pair wonderfully with just about any entree. They get a light caramelization on the outer leaves that adds a ton of flavor! All you need is 20 minutes and a handful of ingredients.
14. Microwave Baked Sweet Potatoes
The microwave gets a bad rep, but not anymore once you try these baked sweet potatoes. They are just as fluffy and soft as sweet potatoes that are baked in the oven but in half the time!
15. Sour Cream Cornbread
Adding sour cream to cornbread keeps it extra moist and fluffy. There will be absolutely no dry cornbread at the Christmas dinner table this year!
16. Honey Roasted Acorn Squash
If you don't have an Instant pot, no worries. You can still make honey-roasted acorn squash in a snap with your oven!
This sweet and savory side dish is one you can enjoy guilt-free.
17. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Creamy mashed sweet potatoes are the perfect balance between sweet and savory. You can add in honey, or season them with cinnamon or nutmeg, or you can keep them on the savory side with butter, salt, and pepper.
18. Buttered Peas & Carrots
Buttered peas & carrots are a simple 15-minute side dish that can easily entice everyone to eat their veggies. You can play around with mix-ins like pearl onions, dried herbs, or honey, or you can enjoy them plain and simple with butter.
19. Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Bacon-wrapped asparagus may seem fancy, but that doesn't mean it takes a long time to make! From start to finish this delicious side dish takes just under 30 minutes to make.
I hope you found these 30 minute Christmas side dishes helpful! Tell me what was on your Christmas dinner menu in the comments below!
🎄 More Tasty Christmas Recipes
- Oyster Stuffing - A moist and savory old-school stuffing recipe with tasty oysters!
- Make Ahead Christmas Breakfast Ideas - Family-favorite breakfast recipes you can prepare the night before!
- Butter Herb Rhodes Rolls - Soft and fluffy frozen rolls that taste homemade complete with herb butter!
- Italian Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas - An Italian-inspired dinner menu for Christmas eve or Christmas day.
- Christmas Casserole Recipes - Crowd-pleasing recipes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on Christmas day.
- Crockpot Apple Cider - Mulled apple cider you can serve right out of your slow cooker.
30 Minute Christmas Side Dishes: Maple Candied Yams (+More Quick Recipes!)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C) and lightly spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add your drained yams, melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and allspice. Mix until all of the ingredients are well distributed.29 oz yams, ¼ cup butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup maple syrup, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 pinch each, salt & pepper, 1 pinch ground allspice
- Pour the yam mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out to make an even layer and slice any large chunks into smaller bits if desired.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and chopped pecans over top of the yams.2 strips bacon, 2 tablespoon pecans
- Bake in the oven at 400°F (205°C) for 25 minutes or until the yams are nice and tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Marshmallows are completely optional, so you can decide whether or not you want to add them based on your family's preferences.
- Make your maple candied yams a day or two ahead of time by preparing the dish and stopping before you bake it (go ahead and leave off the marshmallows, too). When ready, you can add the marshmallows (if you like) and pop it in the oven!
- If you want to use fresh sweet potatoes, you'll need to use 3-4 medium-sized sweet potatoes. Peel, cut, and cook them (boiled, in the microwave, or oven) before using them in the recipe.
- To store: Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: Reheat your leftovers with either small bursts in the microwave or by popping them back into the oven until heated to your liking.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!